Step 1 – Log into your website
Log into your website at chasi.io/login
Once logged in, you will automatically be redirected to the Chasi Activity page. Select My Sites on the top navigation menu, then select Manage for the site you want to edit. From there you can select Admin Panel.
If you are already logged into your site, then visit your site frontend and select the Gear Icon to open the Control Panel then select Dashboard.
Step 2 – Create a Product
- Go to the top menu of your site dashboard and select New > Product.
- Name your product, which will be displayed on your shop page, category page, product page, cart, and checkout page.
- Enter a long description of your product with features and additional content. Use images and videos to captivate customers within the long description.
- Enter a short description of your product that will be displayed at the top of the product page next to the add-to-cart button. Avoid using images and videos within the short description.
- Add a price to your product, which will be displayed on the shop page, category page, product page, cart, and checkout page. Use the Sale Price field to add a Sale Badge to your product on the shop page.
- Add product tags to allow customers to filter products on your shop page.
- Upload your product image and optimize it for fast loading. You can upload multiple photos to create a gallery of photos on your product page.
- When you’ve finished editing, select Publish to make your product instantly visible on your website. If you’re not done, save it as a Draft instead. You can view your published product by selecting the Permalink below the product name.
The long description of your product is shown on the product page towards the bottom of the page, under the product’s image.
Long product descriptions are reserved for more than a sentence, this is where you will place features and additional content about your product.
Note: You may use images and videos to captivate customers within a long description. YouTube videos are automatically embedded when pasting a YouTube video link.
The short description of your product is displayed on the product page at the top of the page next to the add to cart button.
Short product descriptions are useful for conveying quick information such as shipping times.
To edit the short description edit any product and you will see a Short Description Field towards the bottom of the page.
Note: We suggest avoiding using images and videos within the short description.
When uploading an image, Chasi will compress and create various sizes to be viewed across multiple pages on your website.
Photo optimization allows Chasi to load your website fast, as compressed file sizes are one of the leading factors of a fast-loading page.
Even though this process is automated with Chasi, we recommend preparing your assets for the best possible optimization.
We also have a feature called Instant Images which allows you to use stock photos from Unsplash, Openverse, Pixabay, & Pexels. It’s available in the media editor.
- For solid backgrounds, Export as .jpg at 80% quality. For transparent backgrounds, Export as a .png
- If designed in Photoshop or Illustrator, please export at three times the viewable size to reduce the chances of pixelations.
- Use tinypng.com to reduce the size of your image by more than 50% without losing quality.
- You can even download a TinyPNG app to speed up your workflow.