Last updated February 14, 2022
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Personal information you disclose to us
In Short: We collect personal information that you provide to us.
We collect personal information, including personally identifiable information, that you voluntarily provide to us when expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and services when participating in activities on the Site or otherwise contacting us. The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with the Site, the choices you make, and the products and features you use. All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete, and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information. The personal information we collect can include the following:
Publicly Available Personal Information. We collect first name, last name previous to marriage (if applicable), last name, and nickname; e-mail address; address; phone number; business e-mail address; business phone number; social media; and other similar data.
Information automatically collected
In Short: Some information — such as IP address and/or browser and device characteristics — is collected automatically when you visit the Site.
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate the Site. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser, and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you access the Site, and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Site, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes. Like many businesses, we also collect information through cookies and similar technologies.
Online Identifiers. We collect devices; applications; tools and protocols, such as IP (Internet Protocol) addresses; cookie identifiers, or others such as the ones used for analytics and marketing; and other similar data.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
In Short: We process your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests, the fulfillment of our obligations to you, compliance with our legal obligations, and/or your consent.
We use personal information collected via our Site for a variety of business purposes described below. We process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests, in order to enter into or perform a contract with you, with your consent, and/or for compliance with our legal obligations. We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below. We use the information we collect or receive:
- To facilitate account creation and login processes. If you choose to link your account with us to a third-party account (such as your Google or Facebook account), we use the information you allowed us to collect from those third parties to facilitate account creation and login processes for the performance of our obligations to you.
- To send you marketing and promotional communications. We and/or our third-party marketing partners may use the personal information you send to us for our marketing purposes subject to your communicated marketing preferences. You can opt-out of our marketing e-mails at any time (see the “WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS” below).
- To protect our Site. We may use your information as part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure (for example, for fraud monitoring and prevention).
- To enforce our terms, conditions, and policies for legal reasons, contractual obligations, and other business purposes.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
- To deliver services to the user. We may use your information to provide you with the requested services.
- To respond to user inquiries/offer support to users. We may use your information to respond to your inquiries and solve any potential issues you might have with the use of our Site.
- For other Business Purposes. We may use your information for other Business Purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, and evaluating and improving our Site, services products, marketing, and your experience. We may use and store this information in aggregated and anonymized form so that it is not associated with individual end-users and does not include personal information. We will not use identifiable personal information without your consent.
WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
In Short: We only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to provide you with services, to protect your rights, or to fulfill business obligations.
We may process or share data based on the following legal basis:
- Consent: We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information for a specific purpose.
- Legitimate Interests: We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
- Performance of a Contract: Where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your personal information to fulfill the terms of our contract.
- Legal Obligations: We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal processes, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests: We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
More specifically, we may need to process your data or share your personal information in the following situations:
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Third-Party Advertisers. We may use third-party advertising companies to serve you ads when you visit the Site. These companies may use information about your visits to our Site and other websites that are contained in web cookies and other tracking technologies in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
Our Site may from time to time use “Cookies.” A cookie is a small piece of data or text file stored on your computer or mobile device by your web browser. Cookies may contain text that can be read by a server that delivered the cookie to you. The text contained in the cookie generally consists of a sequence of letters and numbers that uniquely identifies your computer or mobile device; however, it may contain other information as well.
- Identifying the areas of the Site that you have visited;
- Signing in and identifying you as one of our users;
- Site analytics;
- Remarketing our products or services to you;
- Navigating our Site; and
- Remembering your preferences and settings; or
- Personalizing the content that you see on our Site.
DO WE USE GOOGLE MAPS?
In Short: Yes, we use Google Maps for the purpose of providing better services.
WHAT IS OUR STANCE ON THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES?
In Short: We are not responsible for the safety of any information that you share with third-party providers who advertise, but are not affiliated with, our Site.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
In Short: We aim to protect your personal information through a system of organizational and technical security measures.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, please also remember that we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, the transmission of personal information to and from our Site is at your own risk. You should only access the Site within a secure environment. This Site is protected by reCAPTCHA, Google, Cloudflare, and hosting environment plugins.
DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
In Short: We do not knowingly collect data from or market to children under 18 years of age.
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under eighteen (18) years of age. By using the Site, you represent that you are at least eighteen (18), or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Site. If we learn that personal information from users younger than eighteen (18) years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we have collected from users under age eighteen (18) without the required conditions in place, please contact us at https://chasi.io/contact/.
WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
In Short: You may review, change, or terminate the information we have gathered about you at any time.
You have the following rights with regard to information about you:
- The right of access (you can request us to provide you verbally or in writing with the type of information we store about you and we have up to one month to respond to your request).
- The right to rectify any personally identifiable information that is inaccurate.
- The right to restrict processing of your personally identifiable information, however, if you restrict us from processing a part of your personally identifiable information that is essential to our provision of services, you may be asked to terminate your account and stop using our services.
- The right to data portability, which allows users of our Site to obtain and reuse their personally identifiable information for their own purposes as they see fit, including across different other services. You may request us to transmit your personally identifiable information directly from our servers to another company’s servers and we will do so, where it is technically feasible.
- The right to object; you may express your objection verbally or in writing and we have up to one month to respond to any such objection. We may still continue processing your personally identifiable information if we are able to show that we have a compelling reason for doing so.
- The right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you or that affects you significantly.
If you would like to exercise any of the above rights or have any questions about your rights, please contact us at https://chasi.io/contact/.
CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES
DO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS HAVE SPECIFIC PRIVACY RIGHTS?
In Short: Yes, if you are a resident of California, you are granted specific rights regarding access to your personal information.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties (if any) with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing at https://chasi.io/contact/.
If you are under eighteen (18) years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with the Site subject to our age restrictions as set forth above, you have the right to request the removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on the Site. To request the removal of such data, please contact us in writing at https://chasi.io/contact/, and include the e-mail address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. We will make sure the data is not publicly displayed on the Site, but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from our systems.
DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS POLICY?
In Short: Yes, we will update this policy as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws.
HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS POLICY?